Thursday, January 21, 2016

Before the Storm


Whisper's official due date is tomorrow
-right on time with the snow storm, of course-
but judging by her ligaments when I fed them dinner a bit ago, 
I'd guess she has at least 24 hours to go.
For maximum difficulty she would be giving birth tomorrow night,
but I wouldn't be opposed to her waiting until early afternoon on Sunday.
Jis' saying.

She did enjoy the sun today, though!


My hibiscus has quite recently come out in a rash of teeny Preying Mantis.
Really couldn't say where they came from, since it has been inside since October,
and that seems a rather long incubation-
but I don't really know that much about them. 
I  never saw any egg case on the bush itself.
Still, they are pretty cute! 
I would not think there would be too much to eat inside, though,
except each other.

My camera lens isn't really up to the challenge of capturing them,
but you get the idea.

This fellow who decided to sit on a stinkbug
-and yes Mom I know I should have taken the stinkbugs to the toilet.
The mantis is blurry because he was moving.

I tried to get one while he was sitting on the stinkbugs back, 
but instead I got a shot of the stinkbug right after he kicked the Mantis off.



No comments:

Post a Comment